winrm authorization failure

lucidbee
I was having this problem so I upgraded vagrant and I am still having it. Used to work.
Currently on vagrant 1.9.8
Windows 10 pro
A development, not production, system.

From the Vagrantfile:

  config.vm.define "win10dev" do |win10dev|

    config.vm.guest = :windows
    config.vm.communicator = "winrm"
    config.vm.boot_timeout = 600
    config.vm.graceful_halt_timeout = 600

    win10dev.vm.box = "bonsai/win10dev_4"
    config.vm.guest = :windows
    config.vm.communicator = "winrm"
    config.winrm.transport = :plaintext
    config.winrm.basic_auth_only = true
    config.winrm.password = "vagrant"
    config.winrm.username = "vagrant"

From the --debug trace:

DEBUG winrmshell: [WinRM] opening remote shell on http://192.168.184.150:5985/wsman
DEBUG winrmshell: [WinRM] opening remote shell on http://192.168.184.150:5985/wsman
DEBUG winrmshell: [WinRM] opening remote shell on http://192.168.184.150:5985/wsman
DEBUG winrmshell: [WinRM] opening remote shell on http://192.168.184.150:5985/wsman
ERROR warden: Error occurred: An authorization error occurred while connecting to WinRM.

User: vagrant
Endpoint: http://192.168.184.150:5985/wsman
Message: WinRM::WinRMAuthorizationError
 INFO warden: Beginning recovery process...
 INFO warden: Recovery complete.
ERROR warden: Error occurred: An authorization error occurred while connecting to WinRM.

User: vagrant
Endpoint: http://192.168.184.150:5985/wsman
Message: WinRM::WinRMAuthorizationError
 INFO warden: Beginning recovery process...
 INFO warden: Recovery complete.
ERROR warden: Error occurred: An authorization error occurred while connecting to WinRM.

How can I make this work again?
I want to provision.
thanks.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/988139ce-fbea-4fb9-9d68-2cc729425562%40googlegroups.com.

Re: winrm authorization failure

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
hello

try with a different box, it may be related that some boxes last some time from they are built, so that force to use fresh boxes.

enable gui or open virtualbox, poweroff/poweron and see if you can login

Alvaro

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 3:27 AM, lucidbee <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was having this problem so I upgraded vagrant and I am still having it. Used to work.
Currently on vagrant 1.9.8
Windows 10 pro
A development, not production, system.

From the Vagrantfile:

  config.vm.define "win10dev" do |win10dev|

    config.vm.guest = :windows
    config.vm.communicator = "winrm"
    config.vm.boot_timeout = 600
    config.vm.graceful_halt_timeout = 600