windows store box files on separate hard drive

windows store box files on separate hard drive

Ian Simmons
Hi,

Is there a way to tell vagrant to set up the .vagrant.d directory on another hard drive? I have multiple other drives and don't want to fill up my C: drive with box files.

Thanks

Re: windows store box files on separate hard drive

Nilesh
Hi Ian:

You may want to store boxes in say D:\boxes and point D:\boxes back to
C:\.vagrant.d using MKLINK
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

I don't have a full blown machine right now to try this but let me
know if it works for you.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Ian Simmons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell vagrant to set up the .vagrant.d directory on another hard drive? I have multiple other drives and don't want to fill up my C: drive with box files.
>
> Thanks

Re: windows store box files on separate hard drive

Jon Forrest
Define the environment variable vagrant_home and point it to where you want the directory to be.
I do this to keep my vagrant boxes off my SSD.

Jon Forrest