whats the right way to make a shutdown for cygwin that works?

whats the right way to make a shutdown for cygwin that works?

wenlock
Hi,

I found that by updating this file:
D:\vagrant\vagrant\embedded\gems\gems\vagrant-1.1.4\plugins\guests\linux\guest.rb

on line 42 from :

@vm.communicate.sudo("shutdown -h now")

@vm.communicate.execute("shutdown -s")

vagrant halt works correctly for cygwin guest OS's.

How do you make one of these plugin\guests configurations that works for cygwin??  Is this something that has to be created special for a future release of cygwin or is there a way to create one outside of a release?

There might be other commands that don't work just right on cygwin and I'd like to get those cleaned up.

Thanks!

Re: whats the right way to make a shutdown for cygwin that works?

wenlock
OK, did some reading of code base.  I think I understand what might be the right way to do this now.

I'll see if I can submit an issue and contribute some code for cygwin on windows guest.

Thanks,
Edward

On Friday, March 29, 2013 11:53:23 AM UTC-7, mocchi wrote:
Hi,

I found that by updating this file:
D:\vagrant\vagrant\embedded\gems\gems\vagrant-1.1.4\plugins\guests\linux\guest.rb

on line 42 from :

@vm.communicate.sudo("shutdown -h now")

@vm.communicate.execute("shutdown -s")

vagrant halt works correctly for cygwin guest OS's.

How do you make one of these plugin\guests configurations that works for cygwin??  Is this something that has to be created special for a future release of cygwin or is there a way to create one outside of a release?

There might be other commands that don't work just right on cygwin and I'd like to get those cleaned up.

Thanks!

Re: whats the right way to make a shutdown for cygwin that works?

wenlock
Issue and pull request created:

https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues/1527
https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/pull/1528

This is working like a champ on my system.

Edward