vmware fusion provider memory settings

Gaige B. Paulsen
This may be a stupid question, but it's not in the new v1.1. documentation anywhere, nor in the vmware fusion provider information:

How do I change memory settings for the fusion vm?

I tried the same recipe that worked (1.0) for virtualbox using the:
   config.vm.customize ["modifyvm", :id, "--memory", "2048"]
and that gives me an error that the customize method is not found.

Thanks,
-Gaige

Re: vmware fusion provider memory settings

Mitchell Hashimoto
Gaige,

You do this:

config.vm.provider :vmware_fusion do |v|
  v.vmx["memsize"] = "2048"

I'll add memory and CPUs as main examples in the docs because that is so common.

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Gaige B. Paulsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but it's not in the new v1.1. documentation anywhere, nor in the vmware fusion provider information:

How do I change memory settings for the fusion vm?

I tried the same recipe that worked (1.0) for virtualbox using the:
   config.vm.customize ["modifyvm", :id, "--memory", "2048"]
and that gives me an error that the customize method is not found.

Thanks,
-Gaige

Re: vmware fusion provider memory settings

Mitchell Hashimoto
Martin,

They're staged for deploy, but a new deploy won't go out until 1.2.0.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Martin Rhoads <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Martin Rhoads-2
what is the best way to see what the vmx options are? Can I take a look at the staging docs or something?

Specifically just looking for cpu and mem.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Mitchell Hashimoto <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Site Reliability Engineer
805.637.5224

San Francisco, CA, USA

Re: vmware fusion provider memory settings

Mitchell Hashimoto
Martin,

VMX is an undocumented format. You'll have to google, unfortunately. :)

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Martin Rhoads <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

AbleCoder
I just bought the Fusion Provider and went looking to the Vagrant Docs (because I recalled the VirtualBox example in there) and it wasn't there. I assumed it was a VMX setting and then got to this thread from lord google search. Just figured I would mention that I agree that Fusion Provider examples for setting CPU and Memory would be of value.

Thanks,
Brandon

P.S. The new AWS and Fusion Provider are great.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Martin Rhoads <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="-rgfk4Uy9j4J">martin...@...> wrote:
[...]

Mohammed Badran
Here are some examples:

      f.vmx["memsize"] = "512"
      f.vmx["numvcpus"] = "1"
      f.vmx["displayName"] = "v_general"
      f.vmx["annotation"] = "a general vagrant vm"