vagrant up command is not working

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

vagrant up command is not working

Lwebzem Zlwebzem
I have the when I type vagrant up: it is saying Vagrant could not detect Virtual Box.
Can someone help to resolve this. 

My laptop is on win10 (upgraded from win 8 or win 8) and in VBox I am am using Ubantu 64 OS. I updated path as was mentioned in other posts for the same issue and renamed environemt variable to VBOX_INSTALL_PATH and it is set to C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\ - but still it is not working.
Can you help please as I looked over the web  and tried everything for this issue but still not working.
Thanks.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/752d0c36-eacc-4cc9-88b3-e95e72f8382c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: vagrant up command is not working

Antony Stone
On Saturday 07 October 2017 at 21:35:18, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have the when I type vagrant up: it is saying Vagrant could not detect
> Virtual Box.
> Can someone help to resolve this.

Tell us what instructions you followed to get Vagrant (and VirtualBox)
installed.

> My laptop is on win10 (upgraded from win 8 or win 8)

Uh?

> and in VBox I am am using Ubantu 64 OS. I updated path as was mentioned in
> other posts

Be specific.  Which posts?

> for the same issue and renamed environemt variable to VBOX_INSTALL_PATH and
> it is set to C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\ - but still it is not
> working.
> Can you help please as I looked over the web  and tried everything for this
> issue but still not working.

"Tried everything" is not helpful.

Tell us what instructions you followed, what specific changes you have made,
what other guides you have found and used...

Basically, if you want us to be able to help you, you have to tell us what you
did so far so we know which part might be wrong.

You help us and we might be able to help you.


Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: vagrant up command is not working

Lwebzem Zlwebzem
Hi Antony,
I will attach MS word file with what I have and what I did, but regarding installation itself I am not sure exactly what instructions I used as it was few months ago.  Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks.
Leo.

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Antony Stone <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Saturday 07 October 2017 at 21:35:18, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have the when I type vagrant up: it is saying Vagrant could not detect
> Virtual Box.
> Can someone help to resolve this.

Tell us what instructions you followed to get Vagrant (and VirtualBox)
installed.

> My laptop is on win10 (upgraded from win 8 or win 8)

Uh?

> and in VBox I am am using Ubantu 64 OS. I updated path as was mentioned in
> other posts

Be specific.  Which posts?

> for the same issue and renamed environemt variable to VBOX_INSTALL_PATH and
> it is set to C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\ - but still it is not
> working.
> Can you help please as I looked over the web  and tried everything for this
> issue but still not working.

"Tried everything" is not helpful.

Tell us what instructions you followed, what specific changes you have made,
what other guides you have found and used...

Basically, if you want us to be able to help you, you have to tell us what you
did so far so we know which part might be wrong.

You help us and we might be able to help you.


Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAABv0cUESEsHFr4efSdb%2Bp4%2BDzgyYYDGYZqctETcJigQcB321A%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

vagrant.docx (503K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: vagrant up command is not working

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Hello

Can we start from zero.

Can you open a cmd.exe window and try to create a VM using a known vm?

mkdir precise64
cd precise64
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
vagrant up




On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Lwebzem Zlwebzem <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Antony,
I will attach MS word file with what I have and what I did, but regarding installation itself I am not sure exactly what instructions I used as it was few months ago.  Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks.
Leo.

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Antony Stone <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Saturday 07 October 2017 at 21:35:18, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have the when I type vagrant up: it is saying Vagrant could not detect
> Virtual Box.
> Can someone help to resolve this.

Tell us what instructions you followed to get Vagrant (and VirtualBox)
installed.

> My laptop is on win10 (upgraded from win 8 or win 8)

Uh?

> and in VBox I am am using Ubantu 64 OS. I updated path as was mentioned in
> other posts

Be specific.  Which posts?

> for the same issue and renamed environemt variable to VBOX_INSTALL_PATH and
> it is set to C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\ - but still it is not
> working.
> Can you help please as I looked over the web  and tried everything for this
> issue but still not working.

"Tried everything" is not helpful.

Tell us what instructions you followed, what specific changes you have made,
what other guides you have found and used...

Basically, if you want us to be able to help you, you have to tell us what you
did so far so we know which part might be wrong.

You help us and we might be able to help you.


Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAABv0cUESEsHFr4efSdb%2Bp4%2BDzgyYYDGYZqctETcJigQcB321A%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Alvaro

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ez_94sGstF9oxqNZ9r7H5wh8ZC7b7UYOFidE1PmZh-UaQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: vagrant up command is not working

Lwebzem Zlwebzem
Hi Alvaro,
below is the output that  I got. Does it look correctly? So then to install other s/w like predictionIO I need just put it in precise64 folder and run vagrant up ?

Thanks a lot.
Leo.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Owner>mkdir precise64

C:\Users\Owner>cd precise64

C:\Users\Owner\precise64>vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
A `Vagrantfile` has been placed in this directory. You are now
ready to `vagrant up` your first virtual environment! Please read
the comments in the Vagrantfile as well as documentation on
`vagrantup.com` for more information on using Vagrant.

C:\Users\Owner\precise64>vagrant up
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Box 'hashicorp/precise64' could not be found. Attempting to find an
d install...
    default: Box Provider: virtualbox
    default: Box Version: >= 0
==> default: Loading metadata for box 'hashicorp/precise64'
==> default: Adding box 'hashicorp/precise64' (v1.1.0) for provider: virtualbox
sions/1.1.0/providers/virtualbox.box
    default: Progress: 100% (Rate: 3059k/s, Estimated time remaining: --:--:--)
==> default: Successfully added box 'hashicorp/precise64' (v1.1.0) for 'virtualb
ox'!
==> default: Importing base box 'hashicorp/precise64'...
==> default: Matching MAC address for NAT networking...
==> default: Checking if box 'hashicorp/precise64' is up to date...
==> default: Setting the name of the VM: precise64_default_1507859081718_18153
==> default: Clearing any previously set network interfaces...
==> default: Preparing network interfaces based on configuration...
    default: Adapter 1: nat
==> default: Forwarding ports...
    default: 22 (guest) => 2222 (host) (adapter 1)
==> default: Booting VM...
==> default: Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes...
    default: SSH address: 127.0.0.1:2222
    default: SSH username: vagrant
    default: SSH auth method: private key
    default: Warning: Connection aborted. Retrying...
    default: Warning: Remote connection disconnect. Retrying...
    default: Warning: Connection aborted. Retrying...
    default:
    default: Vagrant insecure key detected. Vagrant will automatically replace
    default: this with a newly generated keypair for better security.
    default:
    default: Inserting generated public key within guest...
    default: Removing insecure key from the guest if it's present...
    default: Key inserted! Disconnecting and reconnecting using new SSH key...
==> default: Machine booted and ready!
==> default: Checking for guest additions in VM...
    default: The guest additions on this VM do not match the installed version o
f
    default: VirtualBox! In most cases this is fine, but in rare cases it can
    default: prevent things such as shared folders from working properly. If you
 see
    default: shared folder errors, please make sure the guest additions within t
he
    default: virtual machine match the version of VirtualBox you have installed
on
    default: your host and reload your VM.
    default:
    default: Guest Additions Version: 4.2.0
    default: VirtualBox Version: 5.1
==> default: Mounting shared folders...
    default: /vagrant => C:/Users/Owner/precise64

C:\Users\Owner\precise64>


On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

Can we start from zero.

Can you open a cmd.exe window and try to create a VM using a known vm?

mkdir precise64
cd precise64
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
vagrant up




On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Lwebzem Zlwebzem <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Antony,
I will attach MS word file with what I have and what I did, but regarding installation itself I am not sure exactly what instructions I used as it was few months ago.  Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks.
Leo.

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Antony Stone <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Saturday 07 October 2017 at 21:35:18, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have the when I type vagrant up: it is saying Vagrant could not detect
> Virtual Box.
> Can someone help to resolve this.

Tell us what instructions you followed to get Vagrant (and VirtualBox)
installed.

> My laptop is on win10 (upgraded from win 8 or win 8)

Uh?

> and in VBox I am am using Ubantu 64 OS. I updated path as was mentioned in
> other posts

Be specific.  Which posts?

> for the same issue and renamed environemt variable to VBOX_INSTALL_PATH and
> it is set to C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\ - but still it is not
> working.
> Can you help please as I looked over the web  and tried everything for this
> issue but still not working.

"Tried everything" is not helpful.

Tell us what instructions you followed, what specific changes you have made,
what other guides you have found and used...

Basically, if you want us to be able to help you, you have to tell us what you
did so far so we know which part might be wrong.

You help us and we might be able to help you.


Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAABv0cUESEsHFr4efSdb%2Bp4%2BDzgyYYDGYZqctETcJigQcB321A%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Alvaro

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vagrant-up/bwCvjuIwmt4/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ez_94sGstF9oxqNZ9r7H5wh8ZC7b7UYOFidE1PmZh-UaQ%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAABv0cXDSZmwPX50hHBmGEo1npTDqodWYQjvE4y7G6YmHe%3Daig%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: vagrant up command is not working

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Seems they have one project already done:


--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ew8%2BVWbk83VRKqBciobE%3DJwxxTMya%2BqXdX92hmyHFF%2BBQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.