vagrant-aws with VPC

Ryutaro YOSHIBA
Hi,

I'm using vagrant-aws and it woks very fine in the non VPC environment.

with VPC, when I ran "vagrant up --provider=aws",
the messages below were shown repeatedly and endlessly,  so I finally killed the command.

-----
DEBUG ssh: == Net-SSH connection debug-level log END ==
 INFO retryable: Retryable exception raised: #<Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused - connect(2)>
 INFO ssh: Attempting to connect to SSH: :22
DEBUG ssh: == Net-SSH connection debug-level log START ==
DEBUG ssh: D, [2013-03-23T12:39:59.250253 #1324] DEBUG -- net.ssh.transport.session[818fedb0]: establishing connection to :22
------

I suspected that my machine could not access to the instance in the VPC because of network or security group or iptables
but the command below works fine. so I think vagrant can access to the host via SSH.
-----
ssh [hidden email] -i `echo $AWS_PRIVATE_KEY_PATH`
-----

My Vagrantfile was tested and worked fine in the non VPC environment.
And I changed a few line of code for VPC

aws.private_ip_address = "10.0.1.23"
aws.subnet_id = "subnet-xxxxxx"
aws.security_groups = ["sg-xxxxxxx", "sg-xxxxxxx"]

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ryuzee.

Re: vagrant-aws with VPC

Mitchell Hashimoto
Ryuzee,

Based on the log you put there, it seems that it is not connecting to the proper IP.

This looks like a bug. Can you open a bug?

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Ryutaro YOSHIBA <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi, Mitchell

Thank you for your reply.
I've tried to know the target host via ssh.
And I found that ssh_info[:host] is empty at plugins/communicators/ssh/communicator.rb:199

I'll soon open a bug at github.

Thanks.