mkdir fails in vmware plugin

Richard Scorer
On my Mac I've been successfully running Vagrant 1.22 and the vmware_fusion plugin version 0.6.3 when I realised these were out of date.

I updated to 1.2.4 and 0.8.2, but found this error occurred every time I created my box:

[i4p01] -- /Users/richard/work/vagrant/sharedstreams: /vagrant
The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!

mkdir -p /vagrant

When I ssh into the box I see that /vagrant already exists.

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root     root        19 May 23 05:41 vagrant -> /mnt/hgfs/!%vagrant

Reverting the vmware plugin to 0.6.3 works.

Ideas? Is this a bug?

Thanks

Re: mkdir fails in vmware plugin

Mitchell Hashimoto
Richard,

You need to destroy the machine and re-create it. I have a fix for
this incoming.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Richard Scorer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On my Mac I've been successfully running Vagrant 1.22 and the vmware_fusion
> plugin version 0.6.3 when I realised these were out of date.
>
> I updated to 1.2.4 and 0.8.2, but found this error occurred every time I
> created my box:
>
> [i4p01] -- /Users/richard/work/vagrant/sharedstreams: /vagrant
> The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
> Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
>
> mkdir -p /vagrant
>
> When I ssh into the box I see that /vagrant already exists.
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root     root        19 May 23 05:41 vagrant ->
> /mnt/hgfs/!%vagrant
>
> Reverting the vmware plugin to 0.6.3 works.
>
> Ideas? Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks

Re: mkdir fails in vmware plugin

Richard Scorer
Hi Mitchell,

I do destroy and re-create, and it doesn't solve it -- look forward to trying your fix though!!!

Cheers,
Richard

On 26 July 2013 17:24, Mitchell Hashimoto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Richard,

You need to destroy the machine and re-create it. I have a fix for
this incoming.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Richard Scorer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On my Mac I've been successfully running Vagrant 1.22 and the vmware_fusion
> plugin version 0.6.3 when I realised these were out of date.
>
> I updated to 1.2.4 and 0.8.2, but found this error occurred every time I
> created my box:
>
> [i4p01] -- /Users/richard/work/vagrant/sharedstreams: /vagrant
> The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
> Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
>
> mkdir -p /vagrant
>
> When I ssh into the box I see that /vagrant already exists.
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root     root        19 May 23 05:41 vagrant ->
> /mnt/hgfs/!%vagrant
>
> Reverting the vmware plugin to 0.6.3 works.
>
> Ideas? Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks

Re: mkdir fails in vmware plugin

Mitchell Hashimoto
Richard,

That symlink shouldn't exist if you destroy. Either way, I just pushed
0.8.3 that should fix it (it deletes any symlinks of the same name).

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Richard Scorer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> I do destroy and re-create, and it doesn't solve it -- look forward to
> trying your fix though!!!
>
> Cheers,
> Richard
>

> On 26 July 2013 17:24, Mitchell Hashimoto <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Richard,
>>
>> You need to destroy the machine and re-create it. I have a fix for
>> this incoming.
>>
>> Best,
>> Mitchell
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Richard Scorer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > On my Mac I've been successfully running Vagrant 1.22 and the
>> > vmware_fusion
>> > plugin version 0.6.3 when I realised these were out of date.
>> >
>> > I updated to 1.2.4 and 0.8.2, but found this error occurred every time I
>> > created my box:
>> >
>> > [i4p01] -- /Users/richard/work/vagrant/sharedstreams: /vagrant
>> > The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
>> > Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
>> >
>> > mkdir -p /vagrant
>> >
>> > When I ssh into the box I see that /vagrant already exists.
>> >
>> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root     root        19 May 23 05:41 vagrant ->
>> > /mnt/hgfs/!%vagrant
>> >
>> > Reverting the vmware plugin to 0.6.3 works.
>> >
>> > Ideas? Is this a bug?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > --

Re: mkdir fails in vmware plugin

Richard Scorer
Great news!! 0.8.3 fixed it for me too :)

Thanks, that's very helpful

Cheers,
Richard