how to simulate network with firewall?

axel.bock
hi all,

I want to fool around with a network firewall (opnSense) and test a couple of settings. For this I want to create the following setup:

(INTERNET) -> [opnSense box] -> [server-behind-firewall]

which means:
  • the opnSense box should have 2 network interfaces, one to "the internet" (a bridge), one to a private network
  • the server-behind-firewall should have one network interface, same network as the "private" one of the opnSense box
  • the opnSense box should NOT run a provisioner, but boot from an ISO
  • the server-behind-firewall SHOULD

is this possible with vagrant? or do I have to set this up by hand in (e.g.) virtualbox?

I already failed in mounting an ISO, not running *one* provisioner, and creating multiple NICs to different networks - so basically on each topic :D

any help appreciated!

cheers,

axel.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/fd62f074-c297-420b-a421-26db8bb4d679%40googlegroups.com.

Re: how to simulate network with firewall?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
NOT run a provisioner, but boot from an ISO

hello

NOT run a provisioner, but boot from an ISO

this part is doable but not easy.

so i would suggest try to get that working first.

as an example check this

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ex6XQcCk_v%2BKEj%2BOmQVxD%2B_d6JMowJ0OXhCid7%3DvVUZFg%40mail.gmail.com.