dpkg: error: control file 'md5sums' for package 'vagrant' is missing value separator

dpkg: error: control file 'md5sums' for package 'vagrant' is missing value separator

mtaft
Hi everyone,

Got an issue with the vagrant 2.0.0 debian package when verifying:

$dpkg --verify

dpkg: error: control file 'md5sums' for package 'vagrant' is missing value separator

All that's needed is to modify /var/lib/dpkg/info/vagrant.md5sums to have two spaces between the hash and filename.  I wouldn't mind contributing with a pull request for a solution, but I'm not sure how your debian packages are managed.  Let me know if I can help, or if I should submit this as an issue on GitHub.

Sincerely,
Eli

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/8c3bdf55-907d-43d3-b88d-be898d8da440%40googlegroups.com.

Re: dpkg: error: control file 'md5sums' for package 'vagrant' is missing value separator

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Hello

Thanks for the report.

Can you open an issue here?

What you shared is good to understand the problem, if you could link a debian doc for those 2 spaces will help a lot.

thanks

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ey%2Bb6hDt%3DuiEvuwCgUXLhhWSO2jFvPp7itGubRTcrO6Pg%40mail.gmail.com.