different box by provider?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

different box by provider?

pixel fairy
how does one specify a different box for different providers? for example hashicorp/xenial64 for virtualbox, something else for libvirt.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/362004cd-98c2-4f86-9454-b60b08defcc8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: different box by provider?

Torben Knerr
Hi,

you can override it in a provider specific block using the 2nd block argument, e.g.:


  config.vm.provider :virtualbox do |vbox, override|
    override.vm.box = "some/box"
  end

  config.vm.provider :libvirt do |libv, override|
    override.vm.box = "other/box"
  end


Cheers,
Torben


On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 1:29 PM, pixel fairy <[hidden email]> wrote:
how does one specify a different box for different providers? for example hashicorp/xenial64 for virtualbox, something else for libvirt.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/362004cd-98c2-4f86-9454-b60b08defcc8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CACN%2Ba_YkxUhh%3D6wdUXMiXjk2cVSLJ43uE1ngsOoD78o18oZKPw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: different box by provider?

pixel fairy


On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 4:40:43 AM UTC-7, Torben Knerr wrote:
Hi,

you can override it in a provider specific block using the 2nd block argument, e.g.:

 
Thanks! where is this documented? vagrant needs a wiki for all the stuff not covered in the docs.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/6cc48dee-9e88-44d1-ac03-ae9ad8cf9850%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: different box by provider?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Hello


If you think is not easy to reach, OR, something is missed, please feel free to say so, so we can update the documentation.

Where do you think is more natural to have this if the current place is hard to reach ?

Alvaro

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 1:51 PM, pixel fairy <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 4:40:43 AM UTC-7, Torben Knerr wrote:
Hi,

you can override it in a provider specific block using the 2nd block argument, e.g.:

 
Thanks! where is this documented? vagrant needs a wiki for all the stuff not covered in the docs.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/6cc48dee-9e88-44d1-ac03-ae9ad8cf9850%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Alvaro

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ey5ywYJc8dKG%3D8YNEmEChVpLMovHdqarCHJ7fkei3cw8Q%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: different box by provider?

pixel fairy
On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 5:06:15 AM UTC-7, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera wrote:
Hello

<a href="https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/providers/configuration.html#overriding-configuration" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.vagrantup.com%2Fdocs%2Fproviders%2Fconfiguration.html%23overriding-configuration\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPj6y5eXkyXirXiBUlaShGPS3oTA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.vagrantup.com%2Fdocs%2Fproviders%2Fconfiguration.html%23overriding-configuration\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPj6y5eXkyXirXiBUlaShGPS3oTA&#39;;return true;">https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/providers/configuration.html#overriding-configuration

If you think is not easy to reach, OR, something is missed, please feel free to say so, so we can update the documentation.

lol, sometimes im just an idiot. but, im glad to know you take feedback on this.

--
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.
 
GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/11207330-9568-426a-babe-3290496ae9a9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.