chef-solo node[:vagrant] on dna.json

Allan Espinosa

In the v2 Vagrantfile format, I noticed that the dna.json is generally empty (except for run list) and no longer includes the node[:vagrant] attribute tree.  I used to check for this attribute's existence in my recipes to know that it is running inside a vagrant box.  Specifically, I was looking for the ssh.user [1]

Are there other ways to detect that on 1.2/1.1?

For more options, visit