chdir warning

Jay Perry
Hi,

I have some code wrapping the vagrant.cli to spin vagrant boxes up and I'm getting the warning below every once and awhile. I do several calls to this 'Vagrant::Environment.new(:ui_class => Vagrant::UI::Colored, :cwd => get_root_dir)' which may be the culprit so wanted to known if there was a better way to avoid this warning?

vagrant-1.0.5/lib/vagrant/util/subprocess.rb:55: warning: conflicting chdir during another chdir block

Thanks,
Jay

Re: chdir warning

Mitchell Hashimoto
Jay,

Are you running Vagrant in parallel at all? That could be the issue.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Jay Perry <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have some code wrapping the vagrant.cli to spin vagrant boxes up and I'm getting the warning below every once and awhile. I do several calls to this 'Vagrant::Environment.new(:ui_class => Vagrant::UI::Colored, :cwd => get_root_dir)' which may be the culprit so wanted to known if there was a better way to avoid this warning?

vagrant-1.0.5/lib/vagrant/util/subprocess.rb:55: warning: conflicting chdir during another chdir block

Thanks,
Jay

Jay

Re: chdir warning

Mitchell Hashimoto
Jay,

It could definitely have a serious impact. Vagrant currently isn't designed to run in parallel in the same process (or outside of it).

I recommend serializing that or at the very least move to parallel processes rather than threads.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Jay Perry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Mitchell,

Right now I am using threads with the vagrant.cli interface.  I can try calling system("vagrant up <box>") instead to see if that makes any difference.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Jay Perry <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="0tmH3JJk_YIJ">boso...@...> wrote:
[...]

That'll almost certainly help!

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Jay Perry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

If it helps any, I am using vagrant 1.0.5.