Windows Selenium Slave by Vagrant

Mihhail Sidorin
Hello! I am using vagrant like way of test environments deployment manually, but I have windows slaves with IE instances for automation tests. Can I use vagrant deployment with windows boxes? What is the difference with default headless linux?

Re: Windows Selenium Slave by Vagrant

Besnik B.
I've the same problem. Do you found a solution for particular problem?

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013 10:34:57 UTC+1 schrieb Mihhail Sidorin:
Hello! I am using vagrant like way of test environments deployment manually, but I have windows slaves with IE instances for automation tests. Can I use vagrant deployment with windows boxes? What is the difference with default headless linux?

Re: Windows Selenium Slave by Vagrant

David Cournapeau
It is possible to have windows boxes, using vagrant-windows plugin: https://github.com/BIAINC/vagrant-windows. I have used this with success to set up windoes 7  build machines for an internal build farm, and most things work ok, including chef provisioning.

Unfortunately, the plugin is not compatible with recent vagrant (>= 1.1), and updating it is not completely trivial.

If anyone is interested in this and has decent ruby knowledge (which I lack), we should be able to update it in no time (I have quite a bit of experience running windows VM and I ported most of the basic code already to the new vagrant, but provisioning does not work yet wo monkey patching).

David

blog: http://cournape.wordpress.com
twitter: @cournape