Virtualbox to Fusion magic spell?

Zo Obradovic
Hi there, I just bought the Fusion plugin, and am trying to convert my existing Virtualbox boxes over.
Just want to bring up the exact same thing, but with Fusion instead of Virtualbox.

But... how does one do that?
Is there a way of converting a box from VB to Fusion?

Seems like a FAQ'y sort of question - and I tried googling but no dice. Perhaps I just missed it?
This is with Fusion 6, if that matters.

thanks!
-zo

Re: Virtualbox to Fusion magic spell?

VMTrooper
Hello Zo,

I do not know of an automated way to do this.  It would require using some tool to convert from the VirtualBox format to the VMware format, uninstalling Virtualbox integration tools from the VM, and then installing VMware tools on the VM.

You might just be better off building your boxes from scratch or checking vagrantbox.es or puppet's box site to see if anyone has published boxes in the OS flavors and versions that you need.

-Trevor