Vagrant guest files not appearing on host machine

Vagrant guest files not appearing on host machine

Dylan Connerton
Hello,

For reasons that are entirely unclear to me, the files on my guest machines have stopped syncing with my host machine.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, updating guest additions and a whole host of other odds and ends, and I'm at a loss. Can anyone help me figure out what's causing this?

Thanks

Re: Vagrant guest files not appearing on host machine

Simon McCartney
The /vagrant directory on your guest machine isn't a synced directory, it should be a live mount from your Host, using the vboxfs file system module in Linux, that module & mount point should show up in your guest:

vagrant@precise32:~$ mount | grep vbox
v-root on /vagrant type vboxsf (uid=1000,gid=1000,rw)
vagrant@precise32:~$

Do you see something like that on your guest?

It's possible that the Host Virtualbox version is a major release version away from the VBox Guest Additions installed in your guest, that can cause the vboxfs module to fail, although Vagrant usually warns you about this.

On 9 March 2013 15:34, Dylan Connerton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

For reasons that are entirely unclear to me, the files on my guest machines have stopped syncing with my host machine.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, updating guest additions and a whole host of other odds and ends, and I'm at a loss. Can anyone help me figure out what's causing this?

Thanks

Simon McCartney
M: +44 7710 836 915