Vagrant could not detect VirtualBox!

sahil lamba
Someone could help me with this

Vagrant could not detect VirtualBox! Make sure VirtualBox is properly installed.
Vagrant uses the `VBoxManage` binary that ships with VirtualBox, and requires
this to be available on the PATH. If VirtualBox is installed, please find the
`VBoxManage` binary and add it to the PATH environmental variable.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/41f0289e-f00a-43ce-8a55-b7da5db51136%40googlegroups.com.

Re: Vagrant could not detect VirtualBox!

Antony Stone
On Tuesday 26 December 2017 at 18:13:20, sahil lamba wrote:

> Someone could help me with this

That's hard to say without some more information...

> Vagrant could not detect VirtualBox! Make sure VirtualBox is properly
> installed.
> Vagrant uses the `VBoxManage` binary that ships with VirtualBox, and
> requires this to be available on the PATH. If VirtualBox is installed,
> please find the `VBoxManage` binary and add it to the PATH environmental
> variable.

1. What operating system are you trying to install it under (it sounds like
some version of MS Windows, but which)?

2. What have you installed, how have you installed it, and did you get any
errors during the installation process?

3. Do you believe that VirtualBox is installed on your machine?

4. What instructions are you following to get Vagrant installed on your
system?

5. Have you tried logging out and in again, or rebooting, to see if that fixes
things?

The more information you give us, the more likely we can guess what's gone
wrong.

Antony.

--
Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.

 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.