Vagrant binary not in path with newer versions of vagrant

Vagrant binary not in path with newer versions of vagrant

Lee Boynton
It seems that for vagrant versions > 1.0.3 the vagrant command doesn't work unless you use the full path /opt/vagrant/bin/vagrant. On version 1.0.3 and earlier the binary is in the path environment variable, at /usr/bin/vagrant.

Just wondering if this is intended? It has caused me quite a bit of confusion, and probably others!

I've noticed the problem on Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 64bit.

Re: Vagrant binary not in path with newer versions of vagrant

Mitchell Hashimoto
Lee,

With the packages distributed from Vagrant officially, `vagrant` was never added to the path. Maybe you used the upstream community package before?

Either way, starting with 1.1.0, packages are going to start putting `vagrant` in /usr/bin for you.