Vagrant and VirtualBox painfully slow on Windows 7

Vagrant and VirtualBox painfully slow on Windows 7

phillip.hotchkiss
I am having issues with my vagrant box running extremely slow using shared folders with Virtualbox, Vagrant, and Windows. I have tried a number of solutions to get nfs hosting available to windows, but none of them include the nfs daemon. Are there any resolutions to this, and if so, what can I do to improve performance?

I have done some benchmark testing by moving the shared folder contents to the vagrant box itself and got a huge performance increase: almost 5 fold.

Let me know if anybody has any suggestions.

Thanks!

Phil