Vagrant With Jenkins

Teresa
I'm encountering a weird problem.  Has anyone run into the same?

I use vagrant normally and have a Vagrant file that will start up a CentOS box.  Everything works fine locally.  When I do "vagrant up", it brings up the VM, runs a bunch of installation from a shell script and everything is perfect.

However, when I make the same system a slave and run "vagrant up" through Jenkins as a slave, it starts the VM and then force shutdown before anything was installed.

21:18:36 [default] Booting VM...
21:18:36 [default] Waiting for VM to boot. This can take a few minutes.
21:18:55 [default] VM booted and ready for use!
21:18:55 [default] Configuring and enabling network interfaces...
21:19:01 [default] Mounting shared folders...
21:19:01 [default] -- /vagrant
21:19:02 [default] Running provisioner: shell...
21:19:03 [default] Forcing shutdown of VM...
21:19:04 [default] Destroying VM and associated drives...
21:19:04 /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.2.7/plugins/provisioners/shell/provisioner.rb:58:in `read': "\xE2" on US-ASCII (Encoding::InvalidByteSequenceError)

Has anyone encountered this or know of a way to resolve this?

Re: Vagrant With Jenkins

David Schmitt

On Saturday, 17 August 2013 07:27:35 UTC+2, Teresa wrote:
[...]

This is a pretty common problem with newer rubies. Somewhere your locale was set wrongly and now ruby is trapped in the last century.

You'll need to ensure that ruby sees a UTF-8 enabled locale so that it'll read the .rb source as UTF-8 and not US-ASCII.

Regards, David