Vagrant VirtualBox VM switch to VMware

Chris Child
Hi,

I've been asked to switch a Vagrant VM to run in VMware and been running into some issues. The VM already has an .vmdk extension already so I've tried to just copy it directly over to VMware but during the startup there are some VirtualBox related tasks that are failing which I think is causing the server from starting up. The original creator for the VM mentioned that this might be a better question for this group rather than his. I've attached a picture to show the task that is failing. Any help is appreciated as I would much rather convert the VM to work on VMware than to rebuild the entire thing.

Chris

VMware.png (99K) Download Attachment

Re: Vagrant VirtualBox VM switch to VMware

Mitchell Hashimoto
Chris,

I think you need to uninstall the VirtualBox guest additions.