Vagrant Up causing host system reset - Ubuntu 12.04

Vagrant Up causing host system reset - Ubuntu 12.04

Guy Bowden
Hi There,

I've been using Vagrant sucessfully on my OSX machine, but am now trying it out on a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04. I installed VirtualBox 4.1.12, then installed vagrant 1.1.5.

I then downloaded a vagrant box:

> vagrant box add precise64 http://files.vagrantup.com/precise64.box

Then "vagrant up" does it's port forwarding and so on, then boots the machine, then blam - black screen instant reboot.

I'm new to Ubuntu so don't know where to start looking for what's causing this.

The vagrant env I'm using is here: https://github.com/guybowden/muchbetter-vagrant-env - this works without an issue on my Mac.

Cheers,

Guy

Re: Vagrant Up causing host system reset - Ubuntu 12.04

Zac Vineyard
I'm having the exact same issue, except that I'm using Vagrant 1.1.4. It looks like the crash happens just as the vagrant machine tries to get configured with puppet. Have you found any solutions?