Vagrant + Fusion + MacBook Pro Retina = Integrated or Discrete Graphics?

Vagrant + Fusion + MacBook Pro Retina = Integrated or Discrete Graphics?

skim
Hi all,

Can anyone with Vagrant + Fusion + MacBook Pro Retina tell me if Vagrant + Fusion runs via Integrated or Discrete graphics? You can tell which graphics it uses by installing the free, open-source app, gfxCardStatus. I currently use Vagrant + VirtualBox and VirtualBox (specifically its VBoxSVC process) uses Discrete graphics. I will jump ship to Fusion if it uses integrated graphics.

Thanks,
skim

Re: Vagrant + Fusion + MacBook Pro Retina = Integrated or Discrete Graphics?

Curtis
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM, skim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone with Vagrant + Fusion + MacBook Pro Retina tell me if Vagrant + Fusion runs via Integrated or Discrete graphics? You can tell which graphics it uses by installing the free, open-source app, gfxCardStatus. I currently use Vagrant + VirtualBox and VirtualBox (specifically its VBoxSVC process) uses Discrete graphics. I will jump ship to Fusion if it uses integrated graphics.

If gfxCardStatus is running Fusion complains to me about it and tells me I have to turn it off I think, certainly it gives me some kind of warning. I don't know if that answers your question, but I have been turning off gfxCardStatus when using Fusion...which is all the time...

Thanks,
Curtis.

Thanks,
skim

Twitter: @serverascode
Blog: serverascode.com

Re: Vagrant + Fusion + MacBook Pro Retina = Integrated or Discrete Graphics?

skim
That's unfortunate. It looks like Fusion detects if gfxCardStatus is running and warns the user. It looks like the answer I was looking for is explained here: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/82229/force-integrated-graphics-card-on-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-when-working-with-vmwa.

Thanks Curtis for looking into it.

skim