Vagrant Error on Configuring nic

Private Info
I have been trying to install Vagrant on Windows 10 for a few days and finally isolated the issue to a nic configuration problem...

Stderr: VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to open/create the internal network 'HostInterfaceNetworking-VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #2' (VERR_SUPDRV_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND).
VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to attach the network LUN (VERR_SUPDRV_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole

This is just a Dell T3500 Xeon system with a gigabit Broadcom adapter, PC has two, one is not in use. I had Vbox and HyperV running. HyperV was removed from windows config. Vbox was removed from PC along with supporting folders.

Vagrant version 1.9.6

I could use some help on how to get past this error.

thank you,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/661b4ccf-e5b9-4022-adf9-581032a03306%40googlegroups.com.

Re: Vagrant Error on Configuring nic

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
hello

can you open virtualbox gui and create and boot a VM 64 bits?

not sure from where the error is coming from, so after you confirm you can create and boot a vm please do this.

mkdir precise64
cd precise64
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
vagrant up

if there are errors do this:

vagrant destroy
vagrant version
vagrant plugin list
vagrant up --debug

and share the output  and the generated Vagrantfile for review

Thanks
Alvaro

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ezMvKzLNNhK47Y%2Bxdyw%3DLT9Rez0etpfaz6bo0%2BHbg7ENQ%40mail.gmail.com.