Vagrant - Chef - PosgtreSQL, Login Problem

Vagrant - Chef - PosgtreSQL, Login Problem

Gianluca Arbezzano
Hi, Sorry for my English :) I have the problems with configuration of PostgreSQL
https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/postgresql

This is my Repo https://github.com/GianArb/Vagrant-PostgreSQL

Postgres and all recipes install correctly but when I try to login in postgres

$ - vagrant ssh
$ - psql -U postgres -W
(password ciao)

Don't work, parameters of login are wrongs

Re: Vagrant - Chef - PosgtreSQL, Login Problem

_debo
Hi Gianluca,

Where do you override the username and the password in your vagrantfile? I see a chef.json section but I don't see the values I would expect.
In that way you are setting the password to 'dbstrumenti' and not 'ciao'.
Your chef.json section should look like following to achieve what you need:
chef.json = {
"postgresql" => {
     "password" => {
         "postgres" => "dbstrumenti"
        }
    }
}
Does it make sense? I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Debo

On Saturday, 16 March 2013, Gianluca Arbezzano wrote:
Hi, Sorry for my English :) I have the problems with configuration of PostgreSQL

Postgres and all recipes install correctly but when I try to login in postgres

$ - vagrant ssh
$ - psql -U postgres -W
(password ciao)

Don't work, parameters of login are wrongs

Re: Vagrant - Chef - PosgtreSQL, Login Problem

_debo
By the way, I did copy&paste mistake earlier... I meant:

chef.json = {
"postgresql" => {
     "password" => {
         "postgres" => "ciao"