Vagrant 1.9.1 vboxsf not working on debian/jessie64?

Vagrant 1.9.1 vboxsf not working on debian/jessie64?

Joaquin Menchaca
I wanted to have /vagrant mounted where read/right on either host or guest are using the same shared file system.

On ubuntu/trusty64, this works fine, but on debian/jessie64 this is not working.  I need to figure out why this is happening.  I was relying on this mechanism, not just for convenience, but also to have access to private keys so that I can ssh into any box from the vagrant account.

It seems the directory is copied.  I am not sure if that is the expected behavior or an actual bug.  The behavior is different under Ubuntu, it's actually mounted from the host.

I am using the following:

      node.vm.synced_folder ".", "/home/vagrant/myapp", type: "rsync",
       rsync__exclude: [".git/", "node_modules/", "npm-debug.log", "logs/"]
      node.vm.synced_folder ".", "/vagrant", disabled: false

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/96138a84-1dfe-4f43-b247-4875f2ec9cea%40googlegroups.com.

Re: Vagrant 1.9.1 vboxsf not working on debian/jessie64?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Hello

Not all the boxes in atlas have virtualbox additions installed, this is upto the person who create the box.

You can do 2 things.

- install the virtualbox additions and repackage the box
- create your own box

and of course, check if there is any other box with the additions there.

Let me know if you need any help

Alvaro.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0exdN1Az-99_LvOcvkK7ZNDN6GaM9PWfE0v4sCc2YX2QMg%40mail.gmail.com.