Vagrant 1.1 and rake

Richard Scorer
We were able to automate Vagrant 1.0 boxes by using rake, or by including the vagrant gem and issuing commands from JRuby for example...

This doesn't appear possible in Vagrant 1.1 which is a shame. I'd very much like to automate the various vagrant boxes I have at my disposal. Kind of ironic that I can't automate Vagrant -- the automator ;)

Is there a recommended method for making this work in 1.1?

Thanks!
Richard