Vagrant 1.1.3 fails to connect to the proper network adapter

Vagrant 1.1.3 fails to connect to the proper network adapter

Stephen Brown II
First off, thanks Mitchell for being so darn responsive!

After upgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 which fixed a few problems I had, I found I could no longer `vagrant up`, as vagrant apparently forgot which adapter it set up to connect to.

In 1.1.2, vagrant shows that it sets up adapter 1 and connects to it, but in 1.1.3, it sets up adapter 1 but tries to connect to adapter 0.

1.1.3 STDOUT:

[default] Setting the name of the VM...
[default] Clearing any previously set forwarded ports...
[default] Creating shared folders metadata...
[default] Clearing any previously set network interfaces...
[default] Preparing network interfaces based on configuration...
[default] Forwarding ports...
[default] -- 22 => 2222 (adapter 0)
The adapter to attach a forwarded port to was not found. Please
verify that the given adapter is setup on the machine as a NAT
interface.

Host port: 2222
Guest port: 22
Adapter: 0

1.1.2 STDOUT:

Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
[default] Importing base box 'centos64_32'...
[default] Matching MAC address for NAT networking...
[default] Setting the name of the VM...
[default] Clearing any previously set forwarded ports...
[default] Creating shared folders metadata...
[default] Clearing any previously set network interfaces...
[default] Preparing network interfaces based on configuration...
[default] Forwarding ports...
[default] -- 22 => 2222 (adapter 1)
[default] -- 80 => 4567 (adapter 1)
[default] Booting VM...
[default] Waiting for VM to boot. This can take a few minutes.
[default] VM booted and ready for use!

Here's a gist with output, for some reason it's ridiculously long, but if you grep for 'adapter' starting from the bottom of the fail log, you'll see what I mean.
https://gist.github.com/StephenBrown2/5249443

This is all on the same Vagrantfile, which works in 1.1.2 (patched), the only difference being the Vagrant install version. I did find that after reinstalling 1.1.2 to verify, I needed to repair it to get it to work, so I did the same with 1.1.3, to no avail.

Vagrantfile:

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config.vm.box = "centos64_32"
  config.vm.box_url = "http://developer.nrel.gov/downloads/vagrant-boxes/CentOS-6.4-i386-v20130309.box"

  config.vm.network :forwarded_port, host: 4567, guest: 80

  config.vm.provision :puppet do |puppet|
    puppet.manifests_path = "puppet/manifests"
        puppet.module_path = "puppet/modules"
    puppet.manifest_file = "site.pp"

Re: Vagrant 1.1.3 fails to connect to the proper network adapter

Stephen Brown II
Thanks, installing it now.

Now, should it be good to simply run the installer with the previous version already installed? I've been uninstalling the old and installing new versions clean up till now, just to be safe, but I would assume the installer should remove old stuffs first.

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:36:50 PM UTC-4, Stephen Brown II wrote:
[...]

Lyndon Washington

Hi,

Does that mean that vagrant will still retain the same plugins after an upgraded?

Cheers,
Lyndon

Lyndon Washington