VM fails to 'remain in running state' as long as it's Network interface is set to 'NAT'

VM fails to 'remain in running state' as long as it's Network interface is set to 'NAT'

tiptronic
When I vagrant up my VM, it fails to 'remain in running state' as long as it's Network interface is set to 'NAT' (dunno why).

Steps:
--------
- I'm starting from a bare-bone 'precise32.box', which runs fine in Virtualbox  4.2 using NAT.

- On my directory 'vtest' I issue vagrant init and vagrant up. This creates a copy of the VM an starts it (but fails to 'remain in running state').

- This freshly created 'vest_12345678' copy doesn't run even in Virtualbox.

- If I change networking settings in Virtualbox from 'NAT' to 'bridged', it works again, although the original .box runs using NAT.

- Any idea what the problem is?
- How can I overwrite the 'modifyvm' setting to "--natpf1" and instead set to 'bridged'.

I double-checked, only ONE VM is running.

All this on OSX 10.8.3, iMac 64bit