Upgrading to 1.1.2 breaks "vagrant reload" for me

Upgrading to 1.1.2 breaks "vagrant reload" for me

Raymond Butcher
Hi,

I have just upgraded to Vagrant 1.1.2 and now consistently get this error when running "vagrant reload":

/Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/net-ssh-2.6.6/lib/net/ssh/transport/packet_stream.rb:87:in `next_packet': connection closed by remote host (Net::SSH::Disconnect)

Downgrading back to Vagrant 1.0.6 fixes it.
I am using http://lyte.id.au/vagrant/sl6-64-lyte.box downloaded on March 6.
I am using Mac OSX 10.7.5.

Here is what I did to make it break, and the full stracktrace:
https://gist.github.com/raymondbutcher/e4fb37aca6d19618ab31

I then downgraded Vagrant back to 1.0.6 and moved the contents of ~/.vagrant.d/boxes/sl6/virtualbox up 1 directory to avoid downloading the box again.
I repeated the procedure and it worked:
https://gist.github.com/raymondbutcher/f4b877ea6a8b7cc67f62

Any ideas? I'm keen to try the AWS plugin.

Re: Upgrading to 1.1.2 breaks "vagrant reload" for me

Mitchell Hashimoto
Raymond,

This is fixed in git, will be part of 1.1.3. It was caused by an update to Net-SSH.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Raymond Butcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have just upgraded to Vagrant 1.1.2 and now consistently get this error when running "vagrant reload":

/Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/net-ssh-2.6.6/lib/net/ssh/transport/packet_stream.rb:87:in `next_packet': connection closed by remote host (Net::SSH::Disconnect)

Downgrading back to Vagrant 1.0.6 fixes it.
I am using http://lyte.id.au/vagrant/sl6-64-lyte.box downloaded on March 6.
I am using Mac OSX 10.7.5.

Here is what I did to make it break, and the full stracktrace:

I then downgraded Vagrant back to 1.0.6 and moved the contents of ~/.vagrant.d/boxes/sl6/virtualbox up 1 directory to avoid downloading the box again.
I repeated the procedure and it worked:

Any ideas? I'm keen to try the AWS plugin.

Re: Upgrading to 1.1.2 breaks "vagrant reload" for me

Mitchell Hashimoto
You can "vagrant halt" then "vagrant up" as an interim solution.

1.1.3 will be out today or Monday.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Andrew Ellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

wenlock
Hey Mitchell,

I did some testing from the github source for this and still get simillar errors on vagrant up.

I'm wondering if I should expect this to be working from source.

Thanks,
Edward