Unknown network type 'forwarded_port' will be ignored

Unknown network type 'forwarded_port' will be ignored

alex
When I try to forward a port with a config in my Vagrantfile:

config.vm.network :forwarded_port, guest: 4567, host: 8080

I get the following error when I run vagrant up:

"...Your Vagrantfile was written for an earlier version of Vagrant,...

Unknown network type 'forwarded_port' will be ignored"

this is on vagrant v1.2.1 on a mac

Any ideas?