Understand share folders and keep update

Understand share folders and keep update

ivan mejia fabela
I begin to work with Vagrant and use it to test some sites in drupal, so I put every folder with a diferent drupal install ina folder inside the folder with Vagrantfile. the problem is when I halt and them up Vagrant i dont see all the folder, Only one folder and the past installation gone. How canI keep sync?

i found the instructions about adding to Vagrantfile this instructions:

 config.vm.share_folder "foo", "/guest/path", "/host/path"

And the instructions are:

The above would create a shared folder mapping named “foo” (a logical name), from “/host/path” on the host to “/guest/path” on the guest. The host path can be a relative path, which is expanded relative to the directory where the main project Vagrantfile is.

So I need to share each folder inside my main folder? like

/vagrant_getting_started/drupal1

/vagrant_getting_started/drupal2

/vagrant_getting_started/drupal3

or only the main folder

/vagrant_getting_started

The guest machine is the vrm?

like you can see im not so sure about all the concept of share.

Re: Understand share folders and keep update

Mark Kremer
Hello there,

By default the directory with the Vagrantfile in it is shared to the VM as /vagrant, if you need additional shares you can declare them yourself in the Vagrantfile as you indicate in your own e-mail.

If you want to share additional directories be sure to get the paths right, when declaring a relative path you should omit the leading slash: "/guest/path" is an absolute path while "guest/path" is a path relative to the directory with your Vagrantfile.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark

On 04/08/2013 02:46 AM, ivan mejia fabela wrote:
[...]

Him i think I undesrtand but dont work first let me show the path

config.vm.synced_folder "vagrant_getting_started/onepage/", "/vagrant/onepage"

vagrant_getting_started is the folder with the vagrantfile in the host machine

/vagrant is the main folder in guest machine

onepage is the folder I want to share.

And i get this error:

/Users/ivan/Sites/vagrant_getting_started/Vagrantfile:6:in `block in <top (required)>': undefined method `synced_folder' for #<VagrantPlugins::Kernel_V1::VMConfig:0x0000010085aab0> (NoMethodError)
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/config/v1/loader.rb:37:in `call'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/config/v1/loader.rb:37:in `load'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/config/loader.rb:104:in `block (2 levels) in load'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/config/loader.rb:98:in `each'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/config/loader.rb:98:in `block in load'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/config/loader.rb:95:in `each'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/config/loader.rb:95:in `load'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/environment.rb:238:in `config_global'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/environment.rb:443:in `block in action_runner'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/action/runner.rb:28:in `call'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/action/runner.rb:28:in `run'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/environment.rb:251:in `hook'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/lib/vagrant/environment.rb:131:in `initialize'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/bin/vagrant:53:in `new'
from /Applications/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.1.5/bin/vagrant:53:in `<top (required)>'
from /Applications/Vagrant/bin/../embedded/gems/bin/vagrant:23:in `load'
from /Applications/Vagrant/bin/../embedded/gems/bin/vagrant:23:in `<main>'

So i dont know if this is a problem with the paths or a error in my vagrant installation

El domingo, 7 de abril de 2013 23:41:25 UTC-5, Mark Kremer escribió:
[...]

In a v1 type config you would use:

config.vm.share_folder "vagrant-onepage", "/vagrant/onepage", "vagrant_getting_started/onepage"