Specific environment for deploying Salt in Vagrantfile

Specific environment for deploying Salt in Vagrantfile

Thibault
Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out how to do something the seems pretty basic to me, but I can't find how to achieve it.

I would like to be able to, using the same states, deploy my production app on a certain number of machines (3), but on only one machine for development purposes (using Vagrant).
My original idea was to either declare a "vagrant.sls" file, replacing "top.sls" (preferred solution), or to declare different environments in the "top.sls" file. However, I can't figure out how to specify the desired environment using the Vagrant Salt module.

Am I trying to do something wrong? Would the standard process be something else?

Thanks for any help,
Thibault.

PS: I am also posting in the Salt user group, not sure exactly who could help, I'll update either of both post when a solution comes out.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/ad1a074b-c8a8-4685-9d7b-44dcb386c1bd%40googlegroups.com.