Sets up wrong device under linux

Bjørge Solli
OS: Oracle Linux 6.4, self made box
Vagrant 1.2.4.

I use this in my Vagrantfile:
config.vm.network :private_network, ip: "192.168.33.10", :adapter => 2

Error message:
[default] Configuring and enabling network interfaces...
The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
ARPCHECK=no /sbin/ifup eth1 2> /dev/null

The problem is that there is no eth1, only eth0 and eth2. Vagrant successfully reconfigures eth1 in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1, but does not include the necessary definition of HWADDR to make sure the defined device name is used on the new device.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Bjørge Solli

Re: Sets up wrong device under linux

Bjørge Solli
On 07/25/2013 10:39 PM, Bjørge Solli wrote:
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Answering myself: Both.

This should work (imho), but to avoid it I edited
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules on the base box so there is
only eth0 listed.

Keep up the good work!

Bjørge