Running a Host provisioner - is that possible?

Running a Host provisioner - is that possible?

Alon Nisser
I have a little setup scripts I need to run on the host machine (creating and setting up shared folders) - is there a way to specify a host only provisoner?

thanks for the help!

Re: Running a Host provisioner - is that possible?

Torben Knerr

Do you mean something like this?
https://github.com/tknerr/vagrant-managed-servers

On Jul 26, 2013 11:19 PM, "Alon Nisser" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a little setup scripts I need to run on the host machine (creating and setting up shared folders) - is there a way to specify a host only provisoner?

thanks for the help!

Re: Running a Host provisioner - is that possible?

Paul Hinze
On reading your question, I thought to myself: "There's no reason a simple plugin couldn't accomplish this."

Then my self responded: "Prove it!"

So, a short while later, here we are: https://github.com/phinze/vagrant-host-shell

This is roughly the behavior you're looking for, yes?

Cheers!

Paul

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Alon Nisser <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a little setup scripts I need to run on the host machine (creating and setting up shared folders) - is there a way to specify a host only provisoner?

thanks for the help!

Re: Running a Host provisioner - is that possible?

Alon Nisser
Just looked at the code, impressive how easy vagrant makes it to produce a plugin.
Am I wrong to assume that this plugin would only run an inline script? (which isn't a problem for me, just making sure I understand)

[...]

That's correct, though it wouldn't at all be difficult to extend it to run scripts.

I'd imagine to make this legitimately useful that'd we'd want to add some sort of input to give context to the shell. But again, shouldn't be too much trouble.

Glad it was helpful!

Paul