Re: weird problem with vagrant and puppet

Re: weird problem with vagrant and puppet

Kevin Montuori

On Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:41:17 PM UTC-5, Giussepi LM wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to vagrant (I'm running vagrant with ubuntu 12.04.) and I'm getting the following error when running vagrant up:

debug: Processing report from usgd with processor Puppet::Reports::Store
The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!

cd /tmp/vagrant-puppet/manifests && puppet apply --verbose --debug --modulepath '/tmp/vagrant-puppet/modules-0' /tmp/vagrant-puppet/manifests/vagrant.pp --detailed-exitcodes || [ $? -eq 2 ]

I've tried to find information about this on Google but I couldn't find anything.

Hi All --

I'm also having the problem described above and am wondering if anyone has any light to shed.  The only new information I can provide is that I receive the error after applying a lengthy Puppet manifest; if I shorten the manifest I don't receive the error.  This is 100% reproducible.  Note also that the longer, error generating manifest is applied correctly, i.e., I don't see anything obvious that *is* an error.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

k.

Re: weird problem with vagrant and puppet

James Kyle
Means your puppet apply is failing.

Vagrant ssh into the host and run the command manually, I wager it will fail. Debug the manifests and modules there, then when you've resolved the issue run vagrant up from scratch to test.

On Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:41:17 PM UTC-8, Giussepi LM wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to vagrant (I'm running vagrant with ubuntu 12.04.) and I'm getting the following error when running vagrant up:

debug: Processing report from usgd with processor Puppet::Reports::Store
The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!

cd /tmp/vagrant-puppet/manifests && puppet apply --verbose --debug --modulepath '/tmp/vagrant-puppet/modules-0' /tmp/vagrant-puppet/manifests/vagrant.pp --detailed-exitcodes || [ $? -eq 2 ]

I've tried to find information about this on Google but I couldn't find anything.

Please help me.

Re: weird problem with vagrant and puppet

Kevin Montuori

    JK> Means your puppet apply is failing.  Vagrant ssh into the host
    JK> and run the command manually, I wager it will fail. Debug the
    JK> manifests and modules there, then when you've resolved the issue
    JK> run vagrant up from scratch to test.

James --

Thanks for your reply.  I had done as you'd suggested but not carefully
enough.  Vagrant's good enough to report back that something happened;
running from the command line Puppet merely died silently while writing
its activity log (which looks a lot like success if you don't bother
checking $?, my bad).

At any rate the problem ended up being an out of memory error.  Trivial
fix and completely in line with the behavior I was seeing.

k.

--
  Kevin Montuori