Re: status of support for VM hosts that are not VirtualBox?

Re: status of support for VM hosts that are not VirtualBox?

Mitchell Hashimoto
Corey,

Apologies for the slow email. I've had it sitting in my inbox for a few days waiting to have time to properly respond to it. Responses are inline.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Corey O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Howdy all!
I'm looking into adding qemu support to virtualbox. A quick review of the code indicates that abstracting the VM host from the vagrant API has already progressed nicely. However, I don't see any current projects for adding different VM hosts. Are there any current projects for adding different VM hosts?

There aren't yet, because the API to add different "providers" (as we are calling them) is not yet public/complete.

A beta of this API will be released along with Vagrant 1.1 which is due for release shortly. It will be documented and there will be example providers. With this API, adding support for something like qemu should really be trivial.

In particular I'm looking to add (at least partial) qemu support. I'm happy starting this, but I certainly would rather join efforts with any projects for this that are already started. :-)

Cheers,
Corey O'Connor

Re: status of support for VM hosts that are not VirtualBox?

Corey "Admiral Snackbar" O'Connor
sounds good!
Is the vagrant 1.1 release what is currently being developed in git? https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant

I'm fine with getting started using pre-release code. THe code in git appears to have some for of the provider plugin support.

Cheers,

--
Corey O'Connor
Software Engineer, Test Automation |

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Mitchell Hashimoto <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

1.1 is what is master in git right now yes.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Corey "Admiral Snackbar" O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:
sounds good!
Is the vagrant 1.1 release what is currently being developed in git? https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant

I'm fine with getting started using pre-release code. THe code in git appears to have some for of the provider plugin support.

Cheers,

--
Corey O'Connor
Software Engineer, Test Automation |
[hidden email] | <a href="tel:%28310%29%20980-7111" value="+13109807111" target="_blank">(310) 980-7111