Re: Vagrant with Xen/KVM

Denis J. Cirulis
Hi all,

are there any changes on this ? I would rather like to use vargant instead of self written ruby/libvirt provisioning stack. The target platform is kvm.

Thanks in advance.

воскресенье, 2 сентября 2012 г., 17:08:23 UTC+3 пользователь Bradford Smith написал:
Hi Mitchell,

Are there still plans for this?  I'm looking for a tool to easily spin up new VMs in a production environment, preferably on Xen.

Thanks,
Bradford

On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:20:00 AM UTC-4, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Lucas,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Lucas S. <[hidden email]> wrote:
It will be possible, in next releases, use vagrant with xen or kvm,
instead of vbox?

Yes, this will be possible.

More details on this: The current plan is to work on performance and minor features to a 1.0 release (soon). This will be a stable release that people can hang on to for awhile. After 1.0, I plan on radically changing things, which will help support multiple hypervisors, as well as generally make things easier to install, easier to maintain, etc. I hope to have 1.0 out before the end of summer (September).

The undertaking involved in supporting multiple hypervisors was just too much and too uncertain to mix into Vagrant right now, and would introduce a vast amount of instability, which I'd like to hold off on as we are already at 0.7.

What about the boxes, is there any repository to find them? I'm
looking for configured boxes with LAMP and django stacks.

Regards,
Lucas S.

Re: Vagrant with Xen/KVM

Wolfgang Richter
I haven't seen working plugins for KVM or Xen, although I'd like KVM (could assist in making it if Vagrant core is getting ready to accept an alternative plugin over VirtualBox).

But I have seen work getting prepared to support more than just VirtualBox :-)

Here is the core merge that pulls VirtualBox basically out into a plugin: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/commit/391dc392675c73518ebf04252d824fe916e8860b

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Denis J. Cirulis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Patrick Debois
In the meantime you might want to use - https://github.com/jedi4ever/mccloud

It has ec2, kvm and vagrant support.

Patrick