Re: Running Vagrant on multi-user host (hostonlyifs are deleted)

Re: Running Vagrant on multi-user host (hostonlyifs are deleted)

Christian Fallacy
I had this issue. Clearing out the extra entries in the config file in .VirtualBox and the log files made it go away. Don't know how exactly but maybe its a lead.

On Tuesday, 8 January 2013 04:56:50 UTC-8, miketheman wrote:
I don't know if many users on the list run vagrant anywhere other than on their own workstation, or used by a CI server (also typically a single user server scenario).

I don't think t is an issue of caring, it might be tat this is uncommon, and not many people have come across this.

On Sunday, January 6, 2013, Ovanes Markarian wrote:
Thanks for your post. Just ran in the same issue!

Seems that nobody cares???

On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:49:16 PM UTC+2, Tony Hart wrote:

I don't know if running Vagrant on a multi-user machine is supported or not.  However, assuming it is, then I ran into the following problem.

When one user destroys his/her VMs (vagrant destroy) all hostonlyifs are cleaned up (not just those being used by the user). The problem seems to be in the delete_unused_host_only_networks (driver/virtualbox_4_1.rb).  This method uses vboxmanage list hostonlyifs to get a list of interfaces and then uses vboxmanage list vms to get a list of VMs and then deletes any interfaces that are in the first set but not in the second set.

The problem is that list hostonlyifs lists all the interfaces not just those belonging to the current user whereas list vms only lists the VMs belonging to the current user.

If this is intended to work I'll add a bug report.

thanks,
tony

Thanks,
Ovanes