Re: Provisioning with puppet on a freebsd box

Re: Provisioning with puppet on a freebsd box

Krzysztof Jagiełło
Did you solve this problem? I'm facing the same problem right know and I don't know how to solve it. There seems to not be so many people running FreeBSD vagrant boxes.

Den lördagen den 25:e augusti 2012 kl. 00:21:36 UTC+2 skrev Robert Gründler:
Hi,

i'm trying to build a freebsd box and provision it using puppet. So far i've successfully created a basebox and i can "vagrant ssh" into it.

Apparently, the freebsd virtualbox-guest-additions do not support "vboxsf", so i've been overriding the default v-root share to use nfs:

https://github.com/jssjr/vagrant/blob/b98c39bc6478816a453696016d831f06caa0f6c2/lib/vagrant/guest/freebsd.rb#L41

config.vm.share_folder("v-root", "/vagrant", "data", :nfs => true)

This is working fine, and the folder is mounted properly. However, when adding puppet to the setup, things get a bit tricky, as vagrant
seems to mount the manifest path using vboxsf by default:

[default] Mounting shared folders...
[default] -- manifests: /tmp/vagrant-puppet/manifests
Vagrant doesn't support mounting shared folders for your specific
guest operating system yet, or possibly couldn't properly detect the
operating system on the VM.

I've tried to override the manifest shared_folder using nfs similar to the v-root share, but i keep getting the above error. Apparently overriding the manifests
shared folder is not possible, as it's hardcoded in the puppet provisioner (as far as i understand): https://github.com/jssjr/vagrant/blob/b98c39bc6478816a453696016d831f06caa0f6c2/lib/vagrant/provisioners/puppet.rb#L105

Anyone out there with a working vagrant/puppet/freebsd setup who could give me a hint?

regards

-robert