Re: Passing arguments to the shell provisioner from VagrantFile

Re: Passing arguments to the shell provisioner from VagrantFile

wenlock
Question, did this ever get implemented?

Thanks!

On Monday, August 15, 2011 9:56:03 PM UTC-7, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Hello,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Biddster <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="cSQwg39lzMsJ">luke.b...@...> wrote:
I'd like to be able to do this:

Vagrant::Config.run do |config|
       config.vm.provision :shell, :path => "myshellscipt arg1 arg2"
end

i.e. pass args from my VagrantFile to my shell script.

However, I get this error message:

`path` for shell provisioner does not exist on the host system: /home/
biddster/vagrant/myshellscript arg1 arg2

I'm guessing it's not possible currently to do this?

Not currently possible, but a great feature suggestion. Mind opening a ticket and I'll try to get this in the next version?

Re: Passing arguments to the shell provisioner from VagrantFile

wenlock
OOOh, neat! I missed that.

Thanks!

Question:  Is there a way to set .args from the command line during vagrant provision <args>?  or basically ENV('somearg')??

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:47:28 PM UTC-7, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Hi,