Re: NFS is not supported problem on OSX, can mount manually though

Re: NFS is not supported problem on OSX, can mount manually though

Edvinas Šmigelskis
Hi,

I am having the same issue. What, exactly, did you do to get working?

Best regards,
edvinas

P.s. I tried setting config.vagrant.host = :bsd but still no luck. NFS does mount manually and service is running on the mountain lion host.

On Friday, January 4, 2013 3:48:44 AM UTC+1, g12r wrote:
Figured this one out. So no one ever makes the same stupid mistake I made...

If you get the concept of host and guest screwed up and have...

config.vagrant.host = :linux

on an OSX host (because your guest os is, say, ubuntu, and you're part moron...) then you will get NFS is not supported message back from vagrant.

Also, for others -- going back and reading the code for nfs? and the various host parts helped me understand how/what vagrant was doing and after some light research, it became clear that :bsd, :detect or even nothing at all would have been config.vagrant.host values that would have saved more hours than I care to admit. Everything's working as intended now.