Re: How to define a Vagrant shared folder as MySQL data dir ?

Re: How to define a Vagrant shared folder as MySQL data dir ?

Maurizio Vitale
Don't know if you still have this problem, but in my case it was apparmor kicking in.
For Ubuntu you have to add the new mysql data dir to /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld
(I maintain that the mysql recipe should do this).
I still have problems, but I got further than where you were.

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:32:25 PM UTC-5, Benjamin Vauchel wrote:
I got the same error as before. The data_dir is properly set in my.cnf file but MySQL failed to restart.
Besides I wondered if it was the right way to keep data and VM separated.