Problem provisioning VM with chef-solo (empty run list)

Problem provisioning VM with chef-solo (empty run list)

abissell
Hi all,

I've been having quite a bit of trouble in trying to get Vagrant to provision a VM using chef-solo. I've been trying to follow the process described here (http://tumblr.nrako.com/post/22320729770/vagrant-chef-librarian), but when I provision the box and the chef run starts, it keeps coming up with an empty run list for some reason. I put the basic Vagrantfile and Cheffile I'm working with, along with the generated cookbooks/ directory and the "vagrant up" debug log output, in a github repo (https://github.com/abissell/vagrant-scratch).  If anyone has any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong I'd greatly appreciate it. I can also provide the following version info:

Vagrant version 1.2.0
librarian-0.1.0
librarian-chef-0.0.1
Chef: 11.4.4 (Interestingly this differs from the version of Chef which appears during the vagrant up process)
ruby 1.9.3p392 (2013-02-22 revision 39386) [x86_64-darwin12.3.0]

Re: Problem provisioning VM with chef-solo (empty run list)

Peter Idah
Hi,

I suggest using the following neat plugin to deploy chef/chef-solo on vagrant - https://github.com/schisamo/vagrant-omnibus

Cheers,