Optional machines to up in multi-machine environment?

Optional machines to up in multi-machine environment?

Andy Shinn
I'm building out a development environment that consists of 5 machines (and growing). But 2 of these are now optional. I'd love for them to be excluded from the default 'vagrant up' (but still able to bring them up with 'vagrant up machine_name'. Is there any option per machine definition that removes it from the default 'vagrant up'?

Re: Optional machines to up in multi-machine environment?

Mitchell Hashimoto
Andy,

Not at the moment. This has been discussed before and I'm still
thinking of it when I have some time to add something like that.

But for the moment you can just make a bash script or something that
does '`vagrant up one; vagrant up two; vagrant up three' etc.

Mitchell

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Andy Shinn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm building out a development environment that consists of 5 machines (and
> growing). But 2 of these are now optional. I'd love for them to be excluded
> from the default 'vagrant up' (but still able to bring them up with 'vagrant
> up machine_name'. Is there any option per machine definition that removes it
> from the default 'vagrant up'?

Re: Optional machines to up in multi-machine environment?

Andy Shinn
Cool! Actually, the mention of wrapping it in a shell script made me realize there is already a task runner for the project and I could just wrap them in it :)  I will watch for this feature in the future as I think it will be useful for larger environment testing (especially on workstations that might not be able to run all VMs at once).

Thank you for all the hard work on this project. It has dramatically sped up API and server development in our org!

-Andy