Open opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box in Vagrant

Open opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box in Vagrant

John Riker

Re: Open opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box in Vagrant

Mike
Hi John,

Have you install Vagrant, and followed the Getting Started?
http://docs.vagrantup.com/v1/docs/getting-started/index.html

The key differences are:

$ vagrant box add opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2
https://opscode-vm.s3.amazonaws.com/vagrant/opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2.box
$ vagrant init opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2
$ vagrant up

Best,
-M

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM, John Riker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe I missed something very obvious, but I was given this
> "opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box" download to run in Vagrant. I
> installed the VirtualBox following the getting started guide. However, the
> only files that I can add to the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager are .xml or
> .vbox.
>
> How do I open the opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box?
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: Open opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box in Vagrant

Mike
BTW - change the URL for the correct distribution version and architecture.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Have you install Vagrant, and followed the Getting Started?
> http://docs.vagrantup.com/v1/docs/getting-started/index.html
>
> The key differences are:
>
> $ vagrant box add opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2
> https://opscode-vm.s3.amazonaws.com/vagrant/opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2.box
> $ vagrant init opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2
> $ vagrant up
>
> Best,
> -M
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM, John Riker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Maybe I missed something very obvious, but I was given this
>> "opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box" download to run in Vagrant. I
>> installed the VirtualBox following the getting started guide. However, the
>> only files that I can add to the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager are .xml or
>> .vbox.
>>
>> How do I open the opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

Re: Open opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box in Vagrant

John Riker
Hi M,

I did install vagrant as per the Getting Started guide in the link you specified. However, did not run commands you listed. Trying them now. Thanks

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Mike <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="t88GyugKvHYJ">miket...@...> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Have you install Vagrant, and followed the Getting Started?
> http://docs.vagrantup.com/v1/docs/getting-started/index.html
>
> The key differences are:
>
> $ vagrant box add opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2
> https://opscode-vm.s3.amazonaws.com/vagrant/opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2.box
> $ vagrant init opscode_centos-5.8-i386_chef-10.18.2
> $ vagrant up
>
> Best,
> -M
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM, John Riker <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="t88GyugKvHYJ">three...@...> wrote:
>> Maybe I missed something very obvious, but I was given this
>> "opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box" download to run in Vagrant. I
>> installed the VirtualBox following the getting started guide. However, the
>> only files that I can add to the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager are .xml or
>> .vbox.
>>
>> How do I open the opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

Re: Open opscode_centos-6.3_chef-10.18.2.box in Vagrant

Mike
John,

You may have to modify the commands to reflect the correct Opscode
box, the ones I specified reflect CentOS 5.8, 32-bit.