Old question.... but why not VMware-Player Plus?

Old question.... but why not VMware-Player Plus?

Gabriel Stein
Hi,

Well, I read a lot of questions about  VMware-Player, and I understand, is just for private use. But I wish to understand, if I can use VMware-Player Plus as an alternative, and if it's possible to do some hack to use Plus than Workstation.

How hard it will be to clone Vagrant and do this fix, but just for Plus, of course I will not go with something that is illegal. It will be OK or I will start a kind of crisis/revolution?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Gabriel

Re: Old question.... but why not VMware-Player Plus?

Mitchell Hashimoto
Gabriel,

I mentioned it in a prior thread somewhere, but I'll repeat it here again briefly:

The primary blocker of Vagrant supporting Player Plus is legal reasons. I am not a lawyer and it has been awhile since I talked to one, but Vagrant support Player was basically a violation of the Player EULA, since it has features that Player does not have, or something like that.

Technically, Player is missing all of the necessary files to modify network interfaces so Vagrant would have a hard time there, although basic VM running would be possible.