OSX guest on OSX host, any suggestion?

Antonello Pasella
Hi all, I ordered a mac mini server and I would create some osx guest machines with vagrant.

My mini comes with Snow Leopard pre-installed, there is a way to extract a bootable disk to create a virtualbox image, then convert it to a vagrant box?

Thanks!

Antonello

Re: OSX guest on OSX host, any suggestion?

David Cournapeau

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Mitchell Hashimoto <[hidden email]> wrote:

While I'm biased towards saying that since the Fusion provider makes me money, I am just stating factually that VMware has better OS X guest support.

I can confirm this is the case: I have never been able to boot mac os x from virtualbox, whether vmware fusion happily run the OS X 10.6 server iso I have.

Would be great to have people shimming in if they had any success running OS X vagrant boxes (I have not been able to do it yet myself)

thanks,
David

blog: http://cournape.wordpress.com
twitter: @cournape