No sound from applications running via SSH forwarding in Fedora Rawhide using vagrant

No sound from applications running via SSH forwarding in Fedora Rawhide using vagrant

Sindhu S
Hi

Am using a Macbook Air.

I have installed vagrant and am running Fedora Rawhide.

I have disabled the GUI and am using SSH forwarding to run GUI applications.

I have successfully installed all plugins, codecs required for the job and Rhythmbox play seek bar is moving that is to say the song is being played however I hear no audio from my mac speakers.

I have tried all options for audio controller in the VirtualBox VM settings Audio tab.

Please help me fix this.

Thanks.

P.S: I am currently writing help pages for GNOME's Rhythmbox and feel it's necessary to have Rhythmbox play music with audio through my mac speakers (to test out features such as crossfade etc)

Re: No sound from applications running via SSH forwarding in Fedora Rawhide using vagrant

Sindhu S
Hi again!

I figured it out. I blogged about the solution here >> Fedora Rawhide sound issues.

Thanks :)