No longer getting the local files in Vagrant 2.0.0

No longer getting the local files in Vagrant 2.0.0

Paul Hoffman
Greetings. I updated one of my boxes to 2.0.0 as a test, and either I'm doing something very wrong or something changed from the recent 1.9.x releases. The managed VM is a boring Ubuntu server box with guest tools added.

When I "vagrant ssh" into the box, I no longer see the contents of the local directory from the host in /vagrant. I see /vagrant, but it is empty.

The Vagrantfile is uninteresting:
Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config.vm.box = "common"
  config.vm.provision "shell", path: "run_at_start.sh"
  config.vm.define "common" do |common|

(The contents of run_at_start.sh can be anything, and it does get run if I use the provision argument in the host CLI.)

Did the way of getting all the local files included in /vagrant in the managed box?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAPik8yb_zbRPBpjk_AN5TFREWsWDuHfdoAUMUwgAmRVR4AT2AA%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: No longer getting the local files in Vagrant 2.0.0

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Hello

try as:
vagrant destroy
vagrant up --no-provision

If still not work, try with a different box.

Not all the boxes have guest additions and it may stop working after some task like kernel upgrade.

so the best would be test with a simple known box.

mkdir precise64
cd precise64
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
vagrant up

Thanks
Alvaro

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ezOmwBG80XbB7QUt3Cz9t1rC0PUMUmi9m4Fh88qpeg7NA%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: No longer getting the local files in Vagrant 2.0.0

Paul Hoffman
Thanks! I reinstalled the toolkit, and that fixed the problem; I assume the first toolkit installation failed. I wish the VirtualBox toolkit installation was more verbose, but that's a discussion for a different mailing list...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAPik8yb4webpeyi_KytOw5La7xi_HQY%2BpyetP2F64pUcoMek%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.