NFS & private_network working but not able to provision (or update) now

NFS & private_network working but not able to provision (or update) now

Alex Ciarlillo
I am very new to puppet. Trying to follow the standard docs but also referring to many out-dated (v1.0 config) tutorials and blog posts. I am running a CentOS 5.9 guest on an Arch host. I have NFS working with my guest configured to use a private network. The problem now is I am unable to provision the server any further or update any packages while using private_network. I understand that when in this mode the guest can only communicate with my host machine... however there must be some way to update the installed packages or provision a new piece of software without first disabling private_network, provisioning, and re-enabling private_network. Please help.